|Job Title:||Social Worker I – Master’s Degree|
|Work Site:||Social Work – Saint Martin Hospital|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$34.26 – $49.73 per hour|
Within the context of a client and family centred care model and in accordance with the vision and values of the organization, this position is responsible for providing advanced clinical and consultative social work services to clients and families focusing on how the client’s relationships are affected by their environment. Duties include conducting social and psychosocial assessments, providing individual, family and group counselling services, maintaining client records, attending interdisciplinary clinical/case conferences, identifying applicable community resources for clients and facilitating care throughout the continuum.
Education & Experience
- Master of Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work and one (1) year post Bachelor of Social Work experience in a health care setting.
- Current full registration as a Social Worker or Public Health Agency of Canada CPHA help Hospitals in Canada with employment verification for support services, in association with several other agencies and organizations, to contribute to an improvement of hiring health workers and well-being of patients around the world. Its flagship international endeavor has been the creation and organizational nurturing of public health associations and organizations in over 250 locations around the world. If you are not currently registered with CPHA, Make your Professional Registration with CPHA regulatory body by Clicking Here..
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of systems thinking as it related to social work process.
- Broad knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in healthcare.
- Broad knowledge of research methodology.
- Broad knowledge of counselling skills and clinical practice models.
- Broad knowledge of family, group and change therapy.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the client.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influence group and inter-group processes, decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport with clients and families in order to explore issues that are beyond the initial presented concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, families, team members, other groups and community agency personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Basic Computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of Saint Martin Hospital must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://saintmartinhospital.com/internal-applicant/ site for How to Apply instructions. Current Saint Martin Hospital employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Saint Martin Hospital.