|Job Title:||Social Services Support Liaison|
|Work Site:||Health Connection Clinic – SHM-North Toronto, ON|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$39.29 – $59.27 per hour|
Come work as a Social Services Support Liaison with Saint Martin Hospital (SMH)!
Saint Martin Hospital is looking for a graduate of a Social Services Diploma or Mental Health Certificate program to join its team as a Social Services Support Liaison. Apply today to join our team! As a Social Services Support Liaison with the Health Connection Clinic you will:
- Work as a member of the Clinic/Program’s interdisciplinary team to address the socio-economic barriers to health by liaising and advocating with other government agencies/community organizations on behalf of clients for a wide range of services such as housing, financial assistance, persons with disabilities applications, personal identification, Care cards, crisis grants.
- Liaise with various external agencies and stakeholders as well as SMH acute, residential and community programs to advocate on behalf of clients.
- Work with a variety of non-profit, commercial, volunteer and governmental resources within the community to develop supports, opportunities and services.
- Develop/implement policies and procedures with respect to the socio-economic needs of clients.
- Participate in team meetings and corporate initiatives, engages in on going team planning and quality improvement activities.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12.
- Diploma in Social Services or a Mental Health Certificate program.
- Five years (5) recent related experience working in an inner city clinic that includes strong knowledge of the available governmental/community resources that exist with the service area or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Registered with Public Health Agency of Canada CPHA help Hospitals in Canada with employment verification for support services, in association with several other agencies and organizations, to contribute to an improvement of hiring health workers and well-being of patients around the world. Its flagship international endeavor has been the creation and organizational nurturing of public health associations and organizations in over 250 locations around the world. If you are not currently registered with CPHA, Make your Professional Registration with CPHA regulatory body by Clicking Here.Knowledge & Abilities
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to keyboard 6,000 keystrokes per hour.
- Advanced computer literacy and knowledge of computer software programs related to financial management (i.e. Excel)
- Ability to do mathematical and financial calculations.
- Knowledge of practices/procedures related to accounting.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records software.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation such as Income Tax, Patient Property Act, Power of Attorney Act, Wills Variation Act and other applicable federal and provincial statutes.
- Ability to compile required financial information and prepare reports/invoices.
- Knowledge of community, social and health resources.
- Knowledge of substance misuse and problems encountered by the chemically dependent.
- Ability to establish/maintain satisfactory working relationship with the public, health care team and the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with co-workers, public and staff from other agencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of Saint Martin Hospital must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://saintmartinhospital.com/internal-applicant/ site for How to Apply instructions. Current Saint Martin Hospital employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Saint Martin Hospital.