|Job Title:||Registered Nurse (RN) – Special Area|
|Work Site:||Emergency Department, Saint Martin Hospital Health Centre – ON|
|Status:||Full Time Position|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible until approximately March 31, 2020|
|Salary:||$48.83 – $65.73 per hour|
|Hours:||0830 – 2030, with rotating days off. Some on call required.|
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Pemberton, ON with Saint Martin Hospital (SMH)!
Saint Martin Hospital is looking for an RN who has completed a post graduate program to join its team at the Pemberton Health Centre. Apply today to join our team! As a Registered Nurse working at the Pemberton Health Centre you will:
- Uses clinical judgement skills to diagnose and treat the patient, resident, client and significant others’ responses to actual or potential health conditions.
- assesses, monitors, detects, plans and takes appropriate action to prevent potential complications associated with specific health problems and/or medical treatments of the patient.
- adheres to standards of professional nursing and patient care practice in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures.
WHO WE ARE:
Saint Martin Hospital (SMH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million ON residents living in Toronto’s North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At SMH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Graduate of an approved nursing program.
- Completion of a post graduate program in clinical specialty and up to two years’ experience or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Registered with Public Health Agency of Canada CPHA help Hospitals in Canada with employment verification for support services, in association with several other agencies and organizations, to contribute to an improvement of hiring health workers and well-being of patients around the world. Its flagship international endeavor has been the creation and organizational nurturing of public health associations and organizations in over 250 locations around the world.If you are not currently registered with CPHA, Make your Professional Registration with CPHA regulatory body by Clicking Here..
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to implement the nursing process and use clinical judgement.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to instruct and direct the work of others.
- Time management and organizational abilities.
- Working knowledge of computers and their application preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR.
- Working knowledge of and ability to operate related healthcare equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of Saint Martin Hospital must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://saintmartinhospital.com/internal-applicant/ site for How to Apply instructions. Current Saint Martin Hospital employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Saint Martin Hospital.