|Job Title:||Registered Nurse (RN) – Med/Surg – Hospitalist Medicine|
|Work Site:||Hospitalist Medicine, Saint Martin Hospital, Toronto ON|
|Status:||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible until approximately July 19, 2020|
|Salary:||$39.83 – $64.73 per hour|
|Hours:||0700-1900 / 1900-0700, with rotating days off|
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Hospitalist Medicine at Vancouver General Hospital!
Saint Martin Hospital (SMH) is looking for an RN to join its team in the Hospitalist Medicine units at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team! As a Registered Nurse in the Hospitalist Medicine units you will:
- Provide nursing care to assigned patients/clients by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care for patients who present with acute medical illnesses.
- Participate in discharge planning, function as a client advocate and teach clients and their families about illness/injury and overall health promotion and wellness.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Document care provided and respond to incidents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Maintain and advance own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered with Public Health Agency of Canada CPHA help Hospitals in Canada with employment verification for support services, in association with several other agencies and organizations, to contribute to an improvement of hiring health workers and well-being of patients around the world. Its flagship international endeavor has been the creation and organizational nurturing of public health associations and organizations in over 250 locations around the world.If you are not currently registered with CPHA, Make your Professional Registration with CPHA regulatory body by Clicking Here..
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated patient/client group – Hospitalist Acute Medicine.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pathophysiology related to common diagnosis/surgeries and specific clinical situations related to area of practice (e.g. Dementia; Delirium; Diabetes; Liver disease (including cirrhosis); Renal disease; Failure to thrive; CHF; COPD; UTI; Pneumonia; Alcohol and drug dependency)
- Demonstrated ability to provide nursing assessments & interventions related to common diagnosis/surgeries and specific clinical situations relevant to the designated patient/client group (e.g. Oxygenation and airway maintenance; IV Therapy; Dysphagia; Continuous Bladder Irrigation (CBI); Dementia and delirium management; Sepsis; Complex wound care; Ulcer management; Palliative care (including pain management); Hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.)
- Demonstrated ability to perform focused secondary assessments and integrate information from a variety of sources including diagnostics and develop plan of care relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond to potential complications and care issues relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability in correct usage of equipment and maintains competency in working with Oxygen delivery equipment; other care related pumps, bladder scanner and catheters.
- Demonstrated ability to document client care on appropriate systems/forms in accordance with organizational and unit standards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated skill in the management of patients with dementia and/or delirium. Differentiates between symptoms of dementia and/or delirium; Utilizes appropriate tool to determine and addresses underlying causes.
- Demonstrated skill in safe care & management of: Chest tubes; Cytotoxic agents; Complex wounds; Catheters including CVCs; Feeding tubes; Medication assessment and administration relevant to patient population (e.g. insulin, anticoagulants, primary/secondary IV infusions, narcotics).
- Demonstrated skill in assessing, maintaining, troubleshooting CVC; CVC/PICC maintenance; Administering blood and blood product transfusions; TPN/Enteral Nutrition.
- Demonstrated skill in performing RN autonomous scope of practice and standards of care relevant to designated patient/client population including IV, infection control, isolation protocols etc.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of Saint Martin Hospital must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://saintmartinhospital.com/internal-applicant/ site for How to Apply instructions. Current Saint Martin Hospital employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Saint Martin Hospital.