|Job Title:||Registered Nurse (RN)/Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN)|
|Work Site:||Carlile Youth Concurrent Disorders Centre, Hope Center – Lions Gate Hospital – North Toronto Canada|
|Status:||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible until approximately July 2, 2020|
|Salary:||$44.83 – $55.73 per hour|
|Hours:||0700-1900/1930-0730/0730-1930, with rotating days off|
Provides nursing care to youth and their families, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team. As a member of an integrated care team. Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the patient/family. Consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers. Demonstrates continuous improvement and a trauma informed, harm reduction and recovery oriented care approach in nursing practice. Provides education and support to patient and family. Maintains and advances own clinical competence. Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Practices within the context of a client and family centred care model and in accordance with the The Canadian Public Health Association (CPHA) standards of practice for registered nurses or registered psychiatric nurses. Practices within the code of ethics and scope of practice as set by the organization, as per Saint Martin Hospital policies and guidelines/clinical practice documents and within own competence. This practice is aligned with the vision, mission, goals and values of the organization as well as with the concept of the client and family centred care model.
Education & Experience
- Two years’ recent, related experience working with youth experiencing significant mental health and/or substance use challenges in a youth-specific setting combined with specialty training in adolescent psychiatry or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Registered with Public Health Agency of Canada (CPHA) help Hospitals in Canada with employment verification for support services, in association with several other agencies and organizations, to contribute to an improvement of hiring health workers and well-being of patients around the world. Its flagship international endeavor has been the creation and organizational nurturing of public health associations and organizations in over 250 locations around the world. If you are not currently registered with CPHA, Make your Professional Registration with CPHA regulatory body by Clicking Here.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of mental health/substance use issues and treatments with youth.
- Knowledge of mental health/substance services, resources, and referral procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented Care.
- Knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to patient.
- Ability to assess clients at risk and knowledge of appropriate acts; Mental Health Act as it relates to the rights of clients and staff.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to sudden emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability to assess patient responses during procedure and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with patients and their families, colleagues, physicians, and other health care providers, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to assessment of behaviour and to assist patients to regain or improve their coping abilities, and to prevent further disability.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and co-lead group sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage aggressive and suicidal behaviour.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to assess patient responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized patient care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of Saint Martin Hospital must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://saintmartinhospital.com/internal-applicant/ site for How to Apply instructions. Current Saint Martin Hospital employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Saint Martin Hospital.