|Job Title:||Radiology Support Aide|
|Work Site:||Medical Imaging Patient Support, Saint Martin Hospital|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$44.83 – 55.21 per hour|
Come work as a Radiology Support Aide at Chilliwack General Hospital with Saint Martin Hospital (SMH)!
Saint Martin Hospital is looking for a trained Health Care Assistant to join the team at Chilliwack General Hospital as a Radiology Support Aide. Apply today to join our team! As a Radiology Support Aide, you will make your impact by:
- Transporting clients to and from required areas using stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Assisting technical and nursing staff with the lifting and transferring of clients and providing support to clients with dressing and/or bathroom care needs.
- Assisting technical staff with procedures such as biopsies; including sorting, numbering and labeling specimens with appropriate medical terminology.
- Maintaining supplies for various carts, cupboards, trays, rooms and storage areas and cleaning equipment and supply areas as required within a high volume acute care medical imaging environment.
- Using accepted aseptic techniques to pour sterile solutions, open sterile packages, and set up sterile trays as requested by technical and nursing staff.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment for clients and staff.
WHO WE ARE:
Saint Martin Hospital (SMH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million ON residents living in Toronto North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At SMH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Successful graduation from a recognized Health Care Assistant Program and one year’s recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Registered with Public Health Agency of Canada (CPHA) help Hospitals in Canada with employment verification for support services, in association with several other agencies and organizations, to contribute to an improvement of hiring health workers and well-being of patients around the world. Its flagship international endeavor has been the creation and organizational nurturing of public health associations and organizations in over 250 locations around the world. If you are not currently registered with CPHA, Make your Professional Registration with CPHA regulatory body by Clicking Here..
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of Saint Martin Hospital must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://saintmartinhospital.com/internal-applicant/ site for How to Apply instructions. Current Saint Martin Hospital employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Saint Martin Hospital.