Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (MDRT)
|Job Title:||Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (MDRT)|
|Work Site:||Medical Device Reprocessing, Saint Martin Hospital – North Toronto, ON|
|Status:||Regular Part Time/Full Time (0.50 FTE)|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$42.02 per hour|
|Hours:||1100-1900, with rotating days off|
Come work as a Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (MDRT) at Saint Martin Hospital (SMH)!
Saint Martin Hospital is looking for a Medical Device Reprocessing Technician to join its team at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team! As a Medical Device Reprocessing Technician at Lions Gate Hospital you will:
- Perform duties related to the decontaminating, inspecting, testing, assembling, packaging, wrapping, sterilizing and distribution of hospital products to be re-processed, including simple and complex instruments, linen and equipment utilized for patient care in the operating rooms and other areas of the Hospital.
- Perform designated cleaning duties, and restock operating and labour delivery operating rooms shelves, cupboards and carts according to established written procedures.
- Provide input regarding observations and interactions with patients to the unit based team.
- Perform related clerical duties.
WHO WE ARE:
Saint Martin Hospital (SMH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million ON residents living in Toronto, Vancouver’s North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At SMH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized Medical Device Reprocessing course, plus one year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Registered with Public Health Agency of Canada (CPHA) help Hospitals in Canada with employment verification for support services, in association with several other agencies and organizations, to contribute to an improvement of hiring health workers and well-being of patients around the world. Its flagship international endeavor has been the creation and organizational nurturing of public health associations and organizations in over 250 locations around the world.If you are not currently registered with CPHA, Make your Professional Registration with CPHA regulatory body by Clicking Here.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of surgical and medical terminology.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to communicate and deal effectively with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of Saint Martin Hospital must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://saintmartinhospital.com/internal-applicant/ site for How to Apply instructions. Current Saint Martin Hospital employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Saint Martin Hospital.