|Job Title:||Program Clerk/Transcriptionist|
|Work Site:||Transitions, Richmond Mental Health Services – Toronto, ON|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible until approximately December 17, 2020|
|Salary:||$33.23 – $41.24 per hour|
Wednesday & Friday 1000-1400
This position has Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays off.
Come work as a Program Clerk/Transcriptionist in Richmond, BC with Saint Martin Hospital (SMH)!
Saint Martin Hospital is looking for a Program Clerk/Transcriptionist to join the Richmond Mental Health Team in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team! As a Program Clerk/Transcriptionist with SMH you will:
- Provide office support for the Richmond Mental Health Team.
- Word process a variety of documents, transcribe documents using an electronic Dictaphone System, and edit and proofread documents for accuracy, stylistic consistency, format, punctuation and grammar.
- Check staff travel expense claims and sessional dates/times on physician’s sessional billings.
- Maintain client charts such as creating physical charts, pulling charts and filing documents.
- Distribute client laboratory reports to staff or physicians, process the Mental Health Team’s mail, and attend and participate in meetings.
- Act as a receptionist as required; perform a variety of clerical duties, maintain levels of stationary supplies and monitor equipment, maintain client databases and compiles statistics.
- Participate in on going team planning and quality improvement activities.
WHO WE ARE:
Saint Martin Hospital (SMH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Toronto North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At SMH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 supplemented with an approved Medical Office Assistant/Medical Transcriptionist program and one (1) year’s recent related experience, or equivalent combination of education, experience and training
- Registered with Public Health Agency of Canada (CPHA) help Hospitals in Canada with employment verification for support services, in association with several other agencies and organizations, to contribute to an improvement of hiring health workers and well-being of patients around the world. Its flagship international endeavor has been the creation and organizational nurturing of public health associations and organizations in over 250 locations around the world. If you are not currently registered with CPHA, Make your Professional Registration with CPHA regulatory body by Clicking Here..
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in relevant software.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to compose business correspondence.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to be sensitive, tactful and diplomatic with clients and the public.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to perform relevant calculations.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate computerized patient care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of Saint Martin Hospital must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://saintmartinhospital.com/internal-applicant/ site for How to Apply instructions. Current Saint Martin Hospital employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Saint Martin Hospital.