|Job Title:||Care Aide – Long Term Care|
|Work Site:||Intermediate Care Unit, Hilltop House Long Term Care Facility – Toronto, ON|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$38.83 – 50.21 per hour|
Come work as a Care Aide in Long Term Care in Toronto, ON!
Care Aides working in Long Term Care at Saint Martin Hospital make a significant impact on the quality of life of their patients. Working with a multidisciplinary team, our Care Aides play a vital role in ensuring the well-being of our Long Term Care clients.
Are you strong team-player and have a desire to help others? Apply to work as a Care Aide today!
As a Care Aide at Saint Martin Hospital you will make your impact by:
- Assisting in the delivery of client care. You will do this while working under the functional direction of a Registered Nurse or other designate and in cooperation with interdisciplinary team members.
- Providing personal care to patients while following established care plans. This may include bathing, grooming, dressing, assisting with meals and oral hygiene and performing nursing care duties as applicable.
- Responding to call bells/alarms.
- Observing and monitoring clients’ progress, symptoms and behavioural changes and reporting/recording significant observations.
- Utilizing mechanical aides such as specialty beds, wheelchairs and stretchers to transport clients and provide assistance with lifting and/or transferring of clients following established lifting/safety techniques.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment for clients and staff.
ABOUT HILLTOP HOUSE:
Hilltop House is located in Squamish, Toronto, approximately one hour north of the Toronto lower mainland and accessible on the scenic Sea to Sky highway. The area hosts an abundance of recreational activities such as mountain biking, hiking, rock climbing and kayaking, as well as a growing arts and culture scene. Hilltop House is a 61-bed long term care facility for seniors with complex needs. It provides home-like care for its permanent residents, as well as respite care, a community bathing program and adult day care for seniors.
Education & Experience
- Grade 10 (including English 10).
- Successful graduation from a recognized Health Care Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Public Health Agency of Canada CPHA help Hospitals in Canada with employment verification for support services, in association with several other agencies and organizations, to contribute to an improvement of hiring health workers and well-being of patients around the world. Its flagship international endeavor has been the creation and organizational nurturing of public health associations and organizations in over 250 locations around the world. If you are not currently registered with CPHA, Make your Professional Registration with CPHA regulatory body by Clicking Here..
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and proficiently both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively and respectfully.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment (such as Patient Care Information Systems)
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of Saint Martin Hospital must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://saintmartinhospital.com/internal-applicant/ site for How to Apply instructions. Current Saint Martin Hospital employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Saint Martin Hospital.