|Job Title:||Care Aide – Acute|
|Work Site:||Acute Medicine Department, Saint Martin Hospital|
|Status:||Regular Full Time With Benefits|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$34.83 – 48.54 per hour|
|Hours:||0700-1500/2300-0700, with rotating days off|
Within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Care Aide works under the functional direction of a Registered Nurse or other designate and in cooperation with interdisciplinary team members to assist in the delivery of client care. Following established care plans provides personal care; bathes, grooms, dresses, assists with meals and oral hygiene. Provides assistance in the delivery of nursing care; takes temperature, pulse and respiration, documents on patient’s chart and responds to call bells/alarms. Observes and monitors clients’ progress, symptoms and behavioural changes and reports significant observations. Utilizes mechanical aides such as specialty beds, lifts, wheelchairs and stretchers to transport clients and provides assistance with positioning, lifting and/or transferring clients utilizing established lifting/safety techniques. Maintains a clean and safe environment for clients and staff. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Grade 10.
- Successful graduation from a recognized Health Care Assistant Program. Successful completion of an acute care skills program or three (3) months recent related experience in an acute/critical care environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Registered with Public Health Agency of Canada CPHA help Hospitals in Canada with employment verification for support services, in association with several other agencies and organizations, to contribute to an improvement of hiring health workers and well-being of patients around the world. Its flagship international endeavor has been the creation and organizational nurturing of public health associations and organizations in over 250 locations around the world. If you are not currently registered with CPHA, Make your Professional Registration with CPHA regulatory body by Clicking Here..
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of Saint Martin Hospital must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://saintmartinhospital.com/internal-applicant/ site for How to Apply instructions. Current Saint Martin Hospital employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Saint Martin Hospital.