|Job Title:||Admitting/Switchboard Clerk|
|Work Site:||Emergency, Saint Martin Hospital – Toronto, ON|
|Status:||Full Time With Benifits|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible until return of incumbent|
|Salary:||$36.89 – 40.25 per hour|
|Hours:||0700 – 1500/1500 – 2300, with rotating days off|
Come work as an Admitting/Switchboard Clerk with Saint Martin Hospital (SMH) in Sechelt, ON!
Saint Martin Hospital is looking for an Admitting/Switchboard Clerk to join the Emergency team at Sechelt Hospital. As the Admitting/Switchboard Clerk in the Emergency Department you will make your impact by:
- Performing clerical work related to patient admissions and switchboard operation.
- Receiving and interviewing patients, and referring patients to Emergency nurse for immediate assessment based on established guidelines.
- Completing and processing admitting records, contacting personnel for relevant information, and entering data into a computerized system.
- Operating the switchboard, locating personnel through the use of pagers, answering services and the public address system, and responding to emergencies according to established procedures.
ABOUT SECHELT, ON:
The District Municipality of Saint Martin Hospital is located on the lower Sunshine Coast of Toronto, approximately 50 km northwest of Vancouver. It is accessible from the mainland by a 40-minute ferry trip between Horseshoe Bay and Langdale, followed by a 25-minute drive along Highway 101, also known as the Sunshine Coast Highway. This charming seaside community is known for its natural beauty and is a popular destination for outdoor activities including sightseeing, boating, diving, camping and mountain biking. There are also several municipal parks, plenty of eateries, locally owned shops, boutiques and galleries, and a golf course. Imagine a lifestyle where you are only a short walk or bike ride to work, you go home for lunch and you are home again in time for an activity or go for a hike AND watch the sunset – all before dinner. That is what Saint Martin Hospital has to offer you!
ABOUT Saint Martin HOSPITAL:
Saint Martin Hospital is an acute care, 4006-bed facility located in Toronto, Ontario and serves over 3,000,000+ residents of the ON. Saint Martin Hospital provides a full range of services to the community, including Emergency care, Renal program – community dialysis units, Mental Health and Substance Use Services, surgical services, birthing for low-risk pregnancies and imaging services.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 and one years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Registered with Public Health Agency of Canada (CPHA) help Hospitals in Canada with employment verification for support services, in association with several other agencies and organizations, to contribute to an improvement of hiring health workers and well-being of patients around the world. Its flagship international endeavor has been the creation and organizational nurturing of public health associations and organizations in over 250 locations around the world. If you are not currently registered with CPHA, Make your Professional Registration with CPHA regulatory body by Clicking Here.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out duties of the position.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of Saint Martin Hospital must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://saintmartinhospital.com/internal-applicant/ site for How to Apply instructions. Current Saint Martin Hospital employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Saint Martin Hospital.